Short Story Club – May

Home Forums General Forums Book talk Short Story Club – May

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Donna Scott 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Donna Scott
    Participant

One anthology that has crossed my path this month cast a scary shadow…

I think we’re gonna need a bigger bookshelf!

The anthology in question was Sharkpunk, launched at Forbidden Planet a couple of weeks ago and which you can read all about here.

Inspired by classic pulp movies like Jaws and Deep Blue Sea, the stories cover a range of speculative fiction genres, from horror and Steampunk, through to SF.

Contributors include:
    Jonathan Green, Alec Worley, Jenni Hill, Steven Savile, David Tallerman, Kim Lakin-Smith, Sarah Peploe, Richard Salter, Andy Taylor, Amy Taylor, Ian Whates, Laurel Sills, Robert Spalding, Toby Frost, C L Werner, Josh Reynolds, Andrew Lane, Gary McMahon, Jonathan Oliver, David Lee Stone, Den Patrick, Kit Cox and Al Ewing.

I am going to try to get my hands on a copy of this soon. Has anyone else read it? What do you think?

Donna Scott
    Participant

Another short story collection that has come to my attention is Monsters by Paul Kane, out from Alchemy Press soon to be launched at Edge-Lit in Derby in July, as well as Evocations by James Brogden, a collection of horror and weird tales.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.