Here at last

Home Forums General Forums Introduce yourself Here at last

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Patrick Mahon 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

One of the question many science fiction writers and fans often ask is, If there is intelligent life out there, why haven’t we heard from them?

Well, I’ve been reading science fiction since the mid-1950s and it’s taken me this long to find the BSFA, so who knows what will happen next.

I’ve joined because I want to support British science fiction writers. As a kindle user I am drowning in poor quality pap from our friends across the Atlantic who seem to think that saving the world is a peculiarly American prerogative.

Not that there aren’t good S-F writers in the US, he adds hurriedly.

I live in Sussex with my wife (half-American – hence last sentence) and a French spaniel who needs serious therapy.

Patrick Mahon
    Participant

Hello Patrick, from another Patrick! I’m afraid these Forums are very slow-moving, so if you’ve got anything you want to ask or raise, please do – maybe it will get a discussion going!

What sort of SF do you enjoy? Who are your favourite authors? There’s a book talk thread elsewhere on the Forums – let us know there, and let’s see who else has read the same books as you.

Thanks for posting. Hope to talk to you here soon!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.