Help! trying to find a particular story to share

Home Forums General Forums Book talk Help! trying to find a particular story to share

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Patrick Mahon 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

chrischurch
    Participant

Help! I’m after a short story – think it was in a Dozois anthology in recent ears but I can’t find it.

It features a young woman – geekish / goth – with a nerdy non-boyfriend, in a world where people know time travel has been discovered up ahead, but in a very limited form where people can travel back a limited time (maybe 50 years) and look but not engage. Thus people travel back to watch important events (future relatives turn up to watch a marriage etc.)

The story relates to her going with the nerd to the school prom (and lots of people turning up from the future to see the person who will later discover time travel….)

Any recognise this?

My 13 year old daughter is just moving from Dr Who to other sci-fi (possibly ) and I’d like offer some entertaining / positive stuff.

Any other thoughts for someone this age? Geoff Ryman’s Everywhere also on the list

Patrick Mahon
    Participant

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the question. Sorry, but I don’t recognise the short story, I’m afraid.

On the second question, about SF suitable for a 13 year old girl, I’ve heard that ‘Larklight’ by Philip Reeve is good, along with ‘Katya’s World’ by Jonathan L Howard and ‘172 Hours on the Moon’ by Johan Harstad.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.