Tales from the Northern Road

Home Forums General Forums Book talk Tales from the Northern Road

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dale 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Dale
    Participant

Anybody read it?

First half is a wonderful study of what could happen if mind control were really possible.  I thought The Robot Behind Me was a particularly powerful indication of how God might be living amongst us (I’m not religious, just like to think about the science fictional idea presented by the story).

The second half was not so tight, and I had difficulty seeing the Recursive universe in there (one of the stories could have happened here on contemporary Earth!)

What did others think?

Patrick Mahon
    Participant

Thanks Dale. Are you talking about the recent Tony Ballantyne collection that came out from Ian Whates’ NewCon Press? I’ve heard about it, but not read it yet. However, I have read ‘Twisted Metal’, the first volume in Ballantyne’s ‘Penrose’ series, and really enjoyed that. And I’ve got the second volume, ‘Blood and Iron’ sitting on my to-read pile. So I guess the short story collection may have to follow in short order… 🙂

Dale
    Participant

That’s the one.  Whoops, got the title wrong, and I can’t edit the topic, but it should beStories from the Northern Road.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.