Guilty pleasures

Home Forums General Forums TV/Film talk Guilty pleasures

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Matt Freeman
    Participant

I watched MIB 3 the other night with my wife and it was really enjoyable. It got me thinking about those guilty pleasure films we all have in our collections.

Personally, I am a sucker for the 80’s films of my youth – War Games and Flight of the Navigator being up there.

What are yours?

Martin McCallion
    Keymaster

I’m not sure that I have any. I don’t get enough time to either watch all the new films I’d want to, or re-watch the good ones that’ I’ve already seen.

There was something recently that used the term “guilty pleasures” — an advert, I think — and as one of the examples of such, it listed “Your box set of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.” I was shocked — nay, offended. Not least since I’m deep in the middle of a long project of watching/re-watching them all with my partner and our kids. And don’t feel in the least bit guilty.

Matt Freeman
    Participant

Hahaha.. It’s true, are there any guilty pleasures really?

When I was doing my philosophy masters I read all the Harry Potter books as a way to relax my brain and, despite many comments to the contrary, was not embarrassed by it in the slightest. That and my Quantum Leap box set and I’m good to go…

Patrick Mahon
    Participant

I’m watching an extremely guilty pleasure right now – the UK premiere of Sharknado on SyFy! Possibly the worst film ever made – but extremely funny! Did anyone else see it?

Anonymous

Haven’t had the pleasure of Sharknado yet, but I heard its getting a sequel…

Found out that my wife-to-be had never seen Back to the Future and so, after I recovered consciousness I watched that with her, after what must have been at least a ten year, maybe 15 year gap since the last time I saw it, and I was blown away by how funny and entertaining it was…they just don’t make em like that any more…

Never fail to enjoy the Matrix, but I think my biggest guilty pleasure is actually a guilty displeasure – I’ve never been able to enjoy 2001: A Space Odyssey…which I understand might not go down well here!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.