Dredd

Home Forums General Forums TV/Film talk Dredd

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Patrick Mahon 5 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Patrick Mahon
    Participant

So, who’s off to see the new Judge Dredd movie that’s out tomorrow? I’m desperately hoping it’s better than Sly Stallone’s attempt back in 1995…

Patrick Mahon
    Participant

Nobody else? Oh.

Well, I went to see it yesterday afternoon on my day off, and it was really very good. Much truer to the original vision of Judge Dredd in 2000AD, gritty and brutal, yet with an emotional undercurrent provided largely by the psychic abilities of Judge Anderson. It’s also the first film that I’ve seen in 3D where the cinematography was genuinely enhanced by being in 3D rather than 2D.

Definitely worth a watch if you’re an old fan of 2000AD, Judge Dredd, or just an SF fan who wants to see an uncompromisingly dark adaptation from the world of comics.

And much, much better than the Stallone version.

Patrick Mahon
    Participant

I got hold of the DVD of Dredd yesterday, as soon as it came out, and watched it last night. It’s almost as good as I remember it being at the cinema, even if our telly is rather smaller than the local cinemas screen…

If you didn’t manage to catch Dredd at the cinema, it’s definitely worth getting hold of it on DVD or Blu-Ray, particularly if you’re an old (or not so old!) 2000AD fan.

It’s at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dredd-DVD-Karl-Urban/dp/B008OGHR0S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1358288299&sr=8-2

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.